Oppo F27 Pro+ 5G Review: A Stylish Mid-Ranger That’s Built to Last
When Oppo announced the F27 Pro+ 5G, I was curious. The brand has been stepping up its game in the mid-range segment, and this phone seemed to promise a lot—premium design, durability, and fast charging, all at a price that won’t break the bank. After spending a couple of weeks with it, here’s what I think.
Specifications
Display: 6.7-inch AMOLED, 120Hz refresh rate, 950 nits peak brightness
Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 7050
RAM & Storage: 8GB RAM + 256GB internal storage (non-expandable)
Rear Camera: 64MP (main) + 2MP (depth)
Front Camera: 8MP
Battery: 5000mAh with 67W SuperVOOC fast charging
Operating System: Android 14 with ColorOS 14
Build: Vegan leather back, Gorilla Glass Victus 2 protection
Water & Dust Resistance: IP66, IP68, and IP69 certified
Connectivity: 5G, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.3, USB-C
Price: Approx. ₹25,000 (Varies by region)
First Impressions: It’s a Looker
The moment I unboxed the Oppo F27 Pro+ 5G, I was impressed by how sleek it looked. The vegan leather back feels premium and gives the phone a unique texture that’s both stylish and practical—it doesn’t slip out of your hand easily. I got the Midnight Navy variant, and it’s a head-turner. The Dusk Pink option looks equally chic if you’re into softer tones.
But what really caught my attention was the durability. This phone is IP66, IP68, and IP69-rated, which means it can handle dust, water splashes, and even high-pressure water jets. I accidentally spilled coffee on it (oops!), and it survived without a hiccup. If you’re someone who’s rough with phones, this one’s built to last.
Display: Smooth and Vibrant
The 6.7-inch AMOLED display is a treat for the eyes. Colors pop, blacks are deep, and the 120Hz refresh rate makes scrolling through Instagram or Twitter feel buttery smooth. Watching Netflix on this screen is a joy, especially with the vibrant colors and sharp details.
Outdoor visibility is decent, thanks to the 950 nits peak brightness, though it’s not the brightest I’ve seen in this price range. The Gorilla Glass Victus 2 protection is a nice touch—it gives me peace of mind when using the phone without a screen protector.
Performance: Good for Everyday Use, Not for Hardcore Gamers
Under the hood, the MediaTek Dimensity 7050 keeps things running smoothly. Day-to-day tasks like browsing, streaming, and multitasking are a breeze. I had no issues switching between apps or keeping a dozen Chrome tabs open.
Gaming, however, is a mixed bag. Casual games like Candy Crush or Among Us run flawlessly, but when I tried playing BGMI at max settings, I noticed some frame drops. If you’re a serious gamer, you might want to look elsewhere. That said, for casual gaming, it’s more than capable.
The 8GB RAM and 256GB storage combo is great for most users, though the lack of expandable storage might be a bummer if you’re someone who hoards photos and videos.
Cameras: Daylight Shines, Low Light Struggles
The 64MP main camera takes some really nice shots in good lighting. Photos are sharp, colors are vibrant, and the details are impressive. I took a few shots during a sunny afternoon, and they looked Instagram-ready straight out of the camera.
The 2MP depth sensor, though, feels like a placeholder—it doesn’t add much value. The 8MP selfie camera is decent for video calls and casual selfies, but it struggles in low light. If you’re into night photography, you might find the results a bit underwhelming.
Video recording is solid, with support for 4K at 30fps and 1080p at 120fps. However, the lack of optical image stabilization (OIS) means your videos might look shaky if you’re moving around a lot.
Battery Life: All-Day Power with Super-Fast Charging
The 5000mAh battery is a workhorse. On a typical day of browsing, streaming, and some gaming, I ended the day with around 20% left. But the real star here is the 67W fast charging. I was amazed at how quickly it juiced up—56% in just 20 minutes! If you’re always on the go, this feature is a lifesaver.
Software: Clean but with Some Bloatware
The phone runs Android 14 with Oppo’s ColorOS 14 on top. The interface is clean, smooth, and packed with customization options. I loved the animations and the little AI-based tweaks that make the experience feel polished.
That said, there’s some bloatware. A few pre-installed apps like Soloop and Hot Apps felt unnecessary, but thankfully, they can be uninstalled.
Should You Buy It?
The Oppo F27 Pro+ 5G is a solid choice if you’re looking for a stylish, durable phone with great battery life and fast charging. It’s perfect for casual users who want a reliable daily driver.
However, if you’re a hardcore gamer or a photography enthusiast, there are better options in this price range, like the iQOO Neo 7 or the Samsung Galaxy A54.
Final Verdict: The Oppo F27 Pro+ 5G is a well-rounded mid-ranger that nails the basics. It’s not perfect, but it’s a great option if you value design, durability, and battery life over gaming performance and camera versatility.
Comments